Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: United Kingdom
This job is only available through FlexJobs
Full Job Description
Transcriptionist Jobs in UK – Join Our Growing Team!
We are a thriving transcription company currently based in the UK, and we are seeking skilled transcriptionists to join our team. As a transcriptionist, your primary responsibility will be to transcribe audio and video recordings into written documents for our clients. Our clients come from a wide range of industries and fields, so a broad knowledge of terminologies is essential. Ideal candidates will have exceptional listening and typing skills, along with an eye for detail. If you’re looking for a challenging opportunity with the flexibility to work from home, this may be the perfect position for you.
- Transcribe audio and video recordings into written documents
- Ensure accuracy and attention to detail in all transcriptions
- Research any industry-specific terminology to ensure that transcriptions are correct
- Meet tight deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Provide frequent updates to clients to keep them informed of progress
- Experience in transcription, preferably in a UK-based firm
- Excellent typing and listening skills
- Strong command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Ability to research industry-specific terminology and adapt to new fields
- Attention to detail and quality assurance
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- A quiet workspace with minimal background noise and distractions
- A reliable computer with high-speed internet access
- Transcription software and foot pedal
- Headset with a microphone
- A flexible work schedule with the ability to work remotely from home
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Opportunities for growth and professional development
- A supportive team culture with regular feedback and coaching
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume along with a cover letter detailing your experience and qualifications. We also require a sample transcription of a 10-15 minute recording in your chosen field, as well as your availability and preferred hourly rate. We look forward to hearing from you!
Note: We welcome diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, gender, and nationality.